Thursday, 19 February 2015

Romance in the 21st Century


You'd know what this post would be about when I start it off with a photo of Rid and I. But no, I am not here to talk about us. All you need to know is that we have a rather simple relationship, which on most days, I'm thankful for.  

I don't know about you guys but I've seen a lot of photos of guys getting their girlfriends expensive gifts and vice versa on social media and yes, I can't help but be envious of them sometimes. What bothers me is that these photos just sets the bar up high for some people and pressurizing them into getting pricey presents for their partners too, or also making singles out there wishing they had someone who would do those things for them. 

Isn't it unhealthy to have that kind of mentality? In all honesty, I do wish to be pampered with gifts every once in a while but heck, Rid could make me an egg sandwich and I'll be happiest girl in the world.

Frankly speaking, I wish I was in an era where everyone don't have to over think when it comes to gift giving for their significant other. Get them a card and a home cooked meal (or a macspicy) and bam, it's settled.

No one has to be in a relationship to learn that love isn't measured by the materialistic things and I hope that young people out there would realize that there isn't much coolness in seeing couples who goes all out for each other when it comes to surprises and pretty much everything. If you're fortunate enough to find a rich partner who's willing to get you anything then good for you, but like I said, it's not the gifts that keeps the romance alive.

With that, here's a video for all romantic junkies (like me lol) who loves watching short films about love and whatnot. Enjoy :) 


Goodnight lovelies! Xx 

4 comments:

  1. I loved this post!
    I've just nominated you for the Liebster Award, check out my post for more details! :)

    Karis,
    http://karisatkinson.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG thanks so much! Shall do it soon! :)

      Delete
  2. I totally agree, I wouldn't want anyone to buy my love.
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete