SOCIAL MEDIA

Ice Lab!

Wednesday 15 June 2016












I'd very much consider today as a huge milestone for me because I finally had my first bingsu! 

When I first heard about bingsu, I didn't think of it as a very big deal because it very much seems like an overpriced cold dessert you can find in Kopitiam - and to a certain extent, I was right. 

One of my friends had been pestering me to try it out so since I was out with two korean obsessed fanatics and Zaimah (:p), we decided to pay Ice Lab a visit! 

Apparently there were a few stores selling bingsu around town but I was attracted to the minimalism and simplicity of this place. So we spared the agony of walking extra distances to look for another bingsu cafe and settled for this one instead ^^ 

I must say that the inside of the store looks pretty futuristic, with a touch of kawaii especially with the snowy polar bear set up in the middle of the room. I loved how the place was brightly lit and the air was filled with korean songs - which I surprisingly do not mind considering that we were in a korean inspired cafe. The service was amazing and everyone was so warm when we entered and exit the place. I don't know if it has anything to do with the Korean culture but in any case, it would definitely be great if everyone in the customer service sector had the same kind of courtesy as they did. 

Anyways, we had the mango bingsu ($15.90) which consists of shaved ice topped with condensed/carnation milk, a generous amount of mango cubes and puree accompanied with thinly sliced bananas. I mean, what could go wrong with two of the most popular tropical fruit in the world?!

One thing I'm most impressed with is the texture of the shaved ice. It is the perrrrfect consistency and mind you, although it's smooth and small and fine and feels like you're eating a spoonful of snowflakes, it doesn't just melts in your mouth! Gosh, I can't even explain it. You just need to try it for yourself! 

I guess the only turn off would be the price but then again, I don't think that it's meant to be eaten alone. I mean, four of us shared one bowl and trust me when I say that I have never enjoyed sharing food before this until today! 

You may visit them at:

Orchard Shopping Centre 
#01-01/02 
Opening hours: 11am-11pm

I don't know man, I think I shall make it my mission to try every flavour by the end of the year. So if anyone needs a bingsu buddy, hit me up! 

Goodnight lovelies!  

Post a Comment