SOCIAL MEDIA

Andes by Astons

Thursday 2 March 2017
It may come to no surprise that my family (with the exception of my mother) are really, REALLY big eaters. We're practically carnivores, particularly my sister and I because we cringe at the sight of vegetables - but we're working on that. 

Before I go on, let me just say that I wished I would have blogged about this sooner - because that way, I would be able to blog about this with the experience still fresh in my mind. But it has practically been a couple of weeks so I'll just blog whatever I can from that day. 




We went to the outlet located at Joo Chiat Road, more specifically located at Decathlon. I know, I've never heard of it either. If you have then well, forgive me. You need to excuse the lack of knowledge I have about anything not located on the west side of Singapore. 

Truth be told, I was never really familiar with Astons. I've seen it around but since the place wasn't Halal, I'd probably had only glanced and forgotten about it. So, it was none other than my father who introduced us to the place. 

We reached at around 2pm on a Saturday. There was a massive jam in the heartlands on the way to the place and we were worried that the place may be full but thank goodness it wasn't. 

Unlike many other restaurants, we had to place our orders and make our payment before being allocated to a table. I took one look at the menu and I started to doubt my self-proclaimed carnivore status because I didn't know what's the difference between stirloin and ribeye and tenderloin *knocks head* I mean hey, steak is still steak and I was just excited with the fact that Singapore finally has a halal outlet that caters to all things steak. I ended up going for the New York Strip. I can't remember what my father and sister had but my mother opted for Grill Fish. 






Each main course came with two sides of our choice and there were hot sides and cold sides to choose from. Hot sides i.e onion rings, mashed potatoes etc, and cold sides i.e coleslaw, salad etc. 

Now, on to the talking about how they taste like, and my attempt to be as descriptive as I can. Ready? 

It. Was. Heaven. Okay, I know I say that a lot about things I really really like but words cannot describe how much I loved it. The meat was tender, juicy and cooked to perfection. I devoured in every bite, eating the sides first and saving the meat for last - like a true foodie, haha no? And I don't know about you guys, but I like my meat medium rare because you get the best of both worlds. Something like eating sashimi and smoked salmon, but ah, less disgusting than that.  

If there was anything I believe they can improve on, it would be to include other choices of sauce. I know that one can never go wrong with steak and BBQ but hey, black pepper or teriyaki works too, right? But still, there was a wide range of choices for sides that made up for it so I guess it's okay. 

I honestly see myself visiting this place again one day. It's so appropriate for big dinners because hey, nothings beats eating a hearty meal with hearty people. Plus, it is surprisingly affordable. All of our meals (including beverages) totaled to $80, which was pretty reasonable - and I would know because I've ever spent $100+ on a similar meal at another restaurant. If you're looking for a place for Halal all-things-steak, look no further! 

[Click here for Astons website, they include a menu too!]

That's about it today. Phew, it sure feels good to be writing again. Till next time lovelies Xx 

PS: Only Andes by Astons is certified Halal. Don't mistaken it with three other sub-branches ya! 

Post a Comment