SOCIAL MEDIA

Thank you!

Saturday 28 May 2011
Greetings Earthlings,

So I successfully managed to complete the two weeks of Mother Tongue Intensive. I feel (half) accomplished. This post will consist of many thanks to my teachers and schoolmates so if it doesn't involve you, you may leave.

Before this intensive even began, I didn't feel motivated at all to do well in Malay. I thought I could depend on other subjects and I was one of those students who was encouraged to take Malay Syllabus B. I wanted to but my friends told me not to. I just continued with the normal Malay and I kept on failing still. Test after test up till my Mid Year when I scored a 50%.

Fortunately, I didn't get into Band 4. I got into Band 3. I was surrounded with people whose just as weak as me. There are a few who stronger ones of course. We had mock exams every alternate days and I managed to score a C5 and a B4. It took a lot of hard work to pass. The first two and a half hours of every single weekday for the past few weeks were Malay and after school at 2.30pm, we had another session till 5.30pm. It was tiring. But I did it. We did it.

So thank you to me teachers especially for making me realize that it's possible to do well, even in something you're weak at. I'm always told to do my best but sometimes doing my best may not lead to a distinction. For this case, it doesn't.

I've been receiving compliments from my friends saying that I've improved. One of my compositions even got photocopied and used as an example. I was thrilled.

So thank you to my friends and to my teachers for believing in me.

Next, to Miss Wong who had been my teacher for three years teaching my class Geography/English. My class wasn't at all the most cooperative etc but she tolerated with us for those two years. I even got a distinction for my English 'N' levels.

So thank you Miss Wong, I wish you all the best!

Post a Comment