SOCIAL MEDIA

Hello October

Monday 6 October 2014

Greetings sunshines!

I honestly can't remember the last time I appreciated weekends. It feels like it has been a loooong week. But anyways, just a few more working days till our two weeks break so hang in there guys!

Anyways, I'm sure all of you would know that this period would always be my favourite part of the year because it is my birthday month! Apart from that, I actually do love Halloween too which is completely absurd because I'm a scaredy cat. For real though, the last horror movie I watched was with the Fire Nation and honestly, I was scared as hell and you all have no idea how much I tried to keep it cool!

But anyways, I just loved how different everything is every year during October. I actually had a last minute Halloween themed birthday party at my aunt's place when I was 18!





Really wish I could have a big party this year but I'm just gonna save it for my 21st ;)

On a side note, I honestly can't believe that I'll be out of my teenage years in like a couple of weeks. I used to be so excited when my birthday approaches and I still am but oh gosh, I just loved being a teenager and I must say that I'm gonna miss being one.

I find that being a teen is all about being reckless and making mistakes and taking chances and falling in and out of love. It's where you're neither a child nor an adult. Everything always seems like a big deal even when it's not. There was a point of time in our lives when we couldn't wait to grow up but now, all we want is to go back - not that it's possible.

Life has been good and it still is. I would prolly say the same thing roughly ten years from now when I'm turning 30 (wts!). Then again, maybe I'd be married with a kid by then or travelling around the world or pursuing an advanced diploma (because bleh degree) and I would hopefully have accomplished more things by then.

I am still sad for the fact that my teenage years will be over soon. Nonetheless, I'd always treasure the sweet and sour moments - like when it felt like the end of the world when I was 12 but it all got better in secondary school, my first real relationship and when my closest friends were there for me when I was heartbroken at 15, when a schoolmate blogged nasty things about me when I was 17 and surprisingly, a lot of people had my back. From trying to fit in and realizing that I didn't have to when I entered poly. From getting so many nieces and nephews along the way. From my first trip outside of Asia. All that, to becoming who I am now.

I didn't really have a smooth sailing life while I was growing up and I'm sure all of you had your fair share of bad days too. But without the bad days, you will never appreciate the good ones, and there are so many good days.

There we have it. My annual post about growing up just because I'm closer to getting a year older during this period. Cheers to hoping that my twenties will bring me more love and optimism :)

With that, I wish all of you a spooky and blessed October! Have a great week ahead! Xx

Post a Comment