SOCIAL MEDIA

My Go-To Make Up Products!

Friday 9 September 2016










Here are my favourite go-to makeup products... or rather 'Things In My Emergency Make-Up Kit". It all started when a friend asked my out from work and I was totally 'unequipped' LOL. One thing about me is that unless I'm going around the neighborhood or work, I need to have some make up on. And don't even question me as to why I need to have make up on ok it's like asking a guy why they should own a PS4 - it would just be a rhetorical question.

Anywho, here are the products that I have!

  • Benefit's The POREfessional Matte Rescue Gel - If Benefit is not in your list of 'Favourite Makeup Brands', then you seriously need a reality check. No words can describe how great this product works! If you're familiar with their POREfessional Face Primer, then you'll get what I mean. It reduces the appearances of my pores (duh) and keeps my face matte all day! This thing is such a life saver and if you're not willing to invest in their primer (because it is crazy expensive), then consider this one!

  • Innisfree Long Wear Cushion Foundation - If I were to be completely honest, I wasn't really a fan of Korean beauty products mainly because I find that they have a very limited skin tone range for foundations, powders etc. And also that cushion foundations are not usually recommended for oily/oily-prone skin like mine because they usually have a dewy finish which will pretty much enhance the unnecessary shine on your skin. But for some reason, I just loved this one. It's extremely long lasting, doesn't cake, has the perfect medium coverage finish and it doesn't melt under hot weather. Plus the application is so easy and I don't usually have to touch up with a press powder, so yay bonus points!

  • Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara - Too Faced is one of those brands that have gotten a lot of highly raved products but I never actually taught of buying anything from them because weirdly enough, no Sephora salesperson have ever recommended me anything from this brand. Quite frankly, I was hoping that this mascara would be extra lengthening/voluminous as compared to others since many beauty gurus have sworn by this product but when I tried it, well, mehh. I do, however, love the fact that it is waterproof. It has never smudged at all and it still gives my lashes a natural looking curl.

  • Stila Perfect Me, Perfect Hue Eye & Cheek Palette in Medium/Tan - As much as how I've always claimed to love makeup, there are still two things I suck at: eyeliner and eye shadow. I've had this for a while now and was finally brave enough to try out applying the eye shadow and I fucking loved it! It's incredibly pigmented and stays on pretty well. I love the blusher and highlighter too! Ah gosh, I didn't know that there could be so much perfection in one palette. Not even kidding, go get one of these for yourself. Pronto.

  • NYX Wonder Stick - Everyone loves NYX. I mean, how can they not love NYX!? It's the most affordable makeup brand there is! Anyways, I remembered when contour sticks were so in because of it's easy application and how it took such a long time for there to be one in SG.  I love how it gives my face more dimension. And yes, super easy application too!

  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz - Weirdly enough, my brows are the only part of my face that I would usually ignore because my natural brows are just generally, well, horrible. All thanks to my mother who accidentally trimmed part of my left brow. Haha! I remembered ordering this online and waiting forever for it to arrive but it was totally worth it. Again, easy application (especially with the brush at the other end). I mean, I still suck at drawing brows but I love that when I fill it in, it just looks hella natural.

  • Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Chi - If you're not already aware that Colourpop does international shopping now, then where have you been!? I just love everything from Colourpop. It's really affordable and the quality is just excellent. The formula is not too drying (although my lip cracks eventually surfaced but I generally have dry lips) and again, extremely long lasting. Seriously guys (or rather girls), you should own at least one colourpop ultra matte lippie. 

That's pretty much it! What's in your make up e-kit? Xx 

Post a Comment