SOCIAL MEDIA

TWG Tea Garden @ Marina Bay Sands .

Monday 7 November 2016













The last time I dined at TWG was a year ago and since then, I've been wanting to pay them another visit and may I just say that it is always a blessing to have a group of friends to have tea time there with! 

Doesn't it seem like there's always a TWG every few meters at MBS? Not that I'm complaining because after all, their ice cream and macarons are to die for. 

I had half a mind to get a full course meal but the girls weren't into it and a part of me was thankful also because I had a feeling that I would have to spend a fortune if I've done so! 

When we arrived, we had to wait approximately 15 minutes for our seats because the place was full and that gave us ample time to decide what we wanted. They had a wide variety of tea to choose from which ranges between $11-$25 and we were completely mesmerized by their collection. 

At the first glance of their earl grey selection, I almost (keyword: almost) screeched because earl grey always win my heart of anything else. But then I saw that they had a creme brulee tea so I opted for that one instead - which in my opinion, ended up tasting like any ordinary sweet tea. Should've totally stick with earl grey! 

As for food, we had madeleines ($9) and chocolate croissants ($8) both served with their tea jelly and whipped cream. It was truly heavenly. Of course, we evenly sliced them into halves or fours so that each of us could have a taste. Have them smeared with the tea jelly and whipped cream and I have to admit, it tastes pretty darn decent because on it's own, it pretty much tastes like any other pastry. 

We also had, if I remember correctly, the Empire Crepe (~$14 because I can't remember heh!) which is a crepe with an apple filling, drizzled with caramel sauce and topped with berries. I loved every bite of it and I secretly wanted to indulge all of it by myself! But nope, I was pretty civilized that night. Hah, actually not really lah! 

And lastly, we had a plate of assorted macarons ($2 each). You know how most macarons leaves a sick nauseated after effect because of its extreme sweetness? This one doesn't have that! It was so flavourful and had the right amount of crunch and softness to it. It doesn't crumble easily too! 

All in all, it was a great experience and despite the cost, the ambiance made up for it. It's definitely on the pricey side and personally, this was my most expensive meal yet - and it's not even a meal lah actually. I do think that they should be slightly more generous with their portion size considering the prices they offer but well, I guess that's how high end eateries work. But I definitely do see myself coming here again and perhaps trying one of their main courses next time round! 

You may visit them at: 

The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, B2-65/68A 
Opening Hours: Monday - Sunday, 10am-11pm/12mn (on Fridays, Saturdays and Eve of Public Holidays)

Goodnight lovelies! Xx 

Post a Comment