SOCIAL MEDIA

Syawal 2k17

Wednesday 9 August 2017
As always, I've had this post in my drafts for the longest time ever. Life's been pretty hectic lately but I'll get into more of that in another post. 

This year's Syawal was indeed pretty fruitful. Of course, nothing was ever as complete since my late grandmother passed away some time back but nonetheless, it was always great being around family.

***************

I decided to go for something simple this year. So I bought my raya outfits from Maqayla and dare I say that it was one of the best decisions I've ever made! 




It took me back to a time when I was overly obsessed with floral prints. Of course if you know Maqayla, everything is always floral. Not that I'm complaining because one can never go wrong with floral, am i rite? ;) 

Apart from how eye catching it is (#lowkeyselfpraise), I loved how comfortable it is. Being in scorching hot Singapore always meant that it is crucial to find an outfit that doesn't make you sweat like a pig. Plus the outfit makes going in and out of people's houses (as well as in and out of the car) so much easier. 

I paired most of my raya outfits with my maroon heels I bought from Clarks. It was on the pretty pricey side but it was definitely worth the investment. 


***************

Needless to say, I haven't had a raya this satisfying for the longest time. As always, we spent our first day at our elder's. I don't know if this is the age talking, but I remembered being dead beat at the second house that I fell asleep on my nephew's bed and when I woke up, I saw some of the other cousins napping too! 







We made a move to Melacca straight after and it was a pretty short car ride if I might add. Not toot on my own horn but perhaps it was because I was used to long road trips in Australia, heh!








The following days after that were just regular visitings to other relatives.
























And finally an outing with my poly friends. I was pretty sick that day (as you can tell by the lack of effort I put into dressing up) but I didn't really want to spoil the mood for anyone. It was indeed a pretty fun day full of laughs and good food. Of course I had to bring butterhalf along with me and introduced him to the gang. 






































And that's a wrap for this year's Syawal. Have a great day ahead lovelies! Xx 

Post a Comment