SOCIAL MEDIA

Ok? Ok.

Wednesday 11 March 2020
Do you remember when you were five, and you would pull a long face when your parents won't allow you to go outside and play?

Or when you were 13 and contemplated if you should confess your feelings to the boy you were head over heels for? 

How about when you were 16 or 17 and your only worry was doing well for your 'O' levels? 

Do you remember the things that used to keep you up all night? How it felt like a big deal back then but now just seems so trivial? 

I'm certain that in many years to come, I'll look back at when I was 25 and I couldn't sleep because I was the new girl at work who missed familiarity and who would basically worry that I will end up disappointing every single person. 

I know that I'll be ok. Because right now, I understand that when I was 5, my parents wouldn't allow me to play outside because I had to wake up early for school the next day. 

That I didn't end up confessing my feelings to the boy I had a crush on but it's okay because we are now both in our own happy relationships. 

And while my results were not excellent for O levels, it doesn't really matter because everything that happened, good or bad, has led me here. 

So tonight, and perhaps for the next few nights, I may still not be able to sleep easy. I would probably invest in more essential oils or sleepy teas that would help me with my anxiety but tomorrow? Tomorrow I'll wake up stronger and wiser - maybe not so much by a long shot, but that's still ok.

Ok? Ok.

Post a Comment