SOCIAL MEDIA

Cafe Hunting: Max Brenner Chocolate Bar, & My Belated Birthday Surprise!

Saturday 9 November 2013
Hi guys! 
Yes, another super delayed birthday related post. 

Somewhere last weekend, the piglets brought me out to celebrate my belated birthday. I was actually kind of happy because my birthday was the last out of the six and it was either in the midst of exams or holidays so I never really celebrated my birthday with my secondary school friends before until this year! 

Moving on, I'm gonna try to be specific on how that day went so bare with me! But if you're just here for the photos then feel free to scroll down just to just briefly browse through the post. 

So it started off with my being late (for once). Met the two at Segar LRT like always and they didn't even tell me where we were heading to. I just knew that we were going out for seafood. Anyways we dropped off a few stations later and took a bus. One thing about me is that I suck at directions. I will usually depend on the people I go out with to look for ways to get to that place we wanna go LOL. I didn't even know where 960 was heading to. 

We alighted in the middle of nowhere and they couldn't find a way to get to that place -.-"




When we were here I was like wtf, where have you guys taken me?! 



Walked around in circles until we finally found an underpass at Newton MRT station. I don't know if you already guessed it but yes, surprise number one was seafood lunch at Newton Food Center!


The place was like a graveyard. Then we realize that, oh ya who the hell has seafood for lunch? Doinks *slaps forehead*





Had the basics but it was all so damn yummy (and pretty pricey). I actually have never had seafood in Singapore before. Unless my aunt cooked it heh. 










We had to pay like around $50 plus. They were surprisingly big eaters that day. I'll usually always be the one to finish the food and all hehehehe.

Anyways, I thought we were just gonna go out after that but noooooo, they had to plan surprise number two. Don't get me wrong, I love surprises. But ah my gawd it is so sad to be the only one not knowing what's going on :( 






The hint was "my favourite place in the world" and I was like "oh shit please not let it be vivo". Reason was that place reminded me so much about a friend whom I did many things with like had my first try at Fish & Co., watching the sunset on the rooftop (told ya I'm a sucka for sunsets) and watching movies. Like seriously, my last boyfriend (like in sec three) loved Mac Spicy and we always had that and when we broke up, I avoided Macs altogether for like a long time. Now I don't know how I should go about going back to the place which reminds me of so many fond memories. Nonetheless, I told Naz and Khai that if they really did planned on taking me to vivo then it's okay :)

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. 
They took me to my other favourite place instead :) 





Was pretty glad to come here. A part of me knew that we're going to Marina but I didn't wanna get my hopes high up heh. 

So yeah surprise number two was bringing me to Marina!





Okay camwhore photos!









Headed to Esplanade and then we chilled by the river :) 



Okay yeah you're prolly bored of me posting about MBS all the time (since my last few post was about my trip there with Sab) but we hung out at a different spot and watched the sunset at a different angle :) 




































And then we made our way to MBS :) 









This is khai pretending like she cares about what I'm talking about.


K we took these photos on purpose. Like a bit fake ah ahahaha.


As usual, felt like it took forever to get across the helix bridge. Was so dead tired at the end. 





Anyways, Naz told me that we will be having dessert and when I asked where, they didn't wanna tell me :( So after much persuasion, she finally said Macs. LOLOLOLOLOL. 

And yeah we sat at the same spot Sabila and I sat at hehehe :) We camwhored while waiting for Khai's sister to arrive. 








Another fake convo and this time round khai looks convinced that she was actually listening. 



Yeah that was me lying down. Unglam to the max but really, I was dead tired!











You guys let me know who's face do you feel like slapping after seeing it hahahaha *below*






There was a change of plans and we decided to meet Nisa at esplanade instead so we went back there via MRT this time. 









So after we met, I was so ready to be heading to Macs cus I already had the green tea mcflurry in mind. I hate green tea but I just wanted to give it a shot. 

AND THEN THEY BROUGHT ME HERE INSTEAD 
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


HAHA well played Naz!

Yesh surprise number three was dessert at Max Brenner!






Couldn't decide on what to have so I shared the fondue for two with Naz and Khai and Nisa had churros. Never knew what the heck churros were until that day.







We asked for milk and dark chocolate dips and while waiting for it, Naz said that she wanted to change her chocolate to white chocolate instead. So she rushed to the counter and then I realized that she actually told the staff to prepare this for me.


Was so happy beyond repair! I honestly didn't expect it!!





I was so so so so so touched. Can't even explain it lah *sniffs*


After a long day, we finally took a bus home. 







The three of them sent me all the way home and being the slow, blur sotong I always am, I didn't expected a present!


It was so touching. All of it. Can't believe that they spent a lot of time planning all this and making this scrap book and not to mention going through my blog archives and facebook albums to look for photos from us when we were in secondary school. It was very me to open up the present even before I reached home hehe.

You girls are amazing and I can't thank you both enough! I know I said that my 19th was prolly the worst so far because of all the shit life put me through during that period but I had a really great time and for a moment, it's like all my worries were gone.

That's it for that day. Thanks Naz and Khai for bringing me out for the surprise and thanks to Nisa who joined us much later :) *spams hugs*

Post a Comment