SOCIAL MEDIA

SG Based Insta-Bakeries You Must Try!

Thursday 12 January 2017
Greetings Earthlings!

I know it's a little late but, happy 2017! I hope all of you have had a great start to your year. 

If you don't already know, I love desserts - so much that there was a point of time in my life (actually pretty recent) when my hair dye faded into an ashy green and people called me chendol, and I liked it. 

Over the years, I've had experiences ordering desserts (mainly cakes and cupcakes) from various instagram-based bakeries. Whenever I see a dessert handcrafted by a home baker, I cannot help but stare at the picture in awe. I used to think that chocolate was the ultimate cake flavour and then I discovered that cake flavours nowadays are just out of this world. Who would have thought that earl grey could actually be a cake flavour now?

Moving on, if anyone asks me where should they get their cake from for birthdays/weddings, I would recommend these bakers. I'm usually stingy when it comes to information like this but hey, good things must share, correct?


1. @cupplets 



If someone asks me what was the best thing that happened to Ngee Ann Poly, it would be the existence of this really quaint and rustic cafe. Technically not purely an insta-bakery since they have an outlet but they definitely serve some of the best desserts. It started out when my friend, Aini, and I were roaming around school and we came across this cafe (which was new to us considering that nursing students don't often swing by the sports complex). I had one bite of their lemon meringue tart and the rest was history. Subsequently, I decided to get my 21st birthday cake (which you can read about here) from them and everybody loved it! 


2. @mysisterbakes



I feel like My Sister Bakes is the pioneer of dessert tables - well, to me at least. I've ordered a cake from them once (click here) and my family and I loved it. It was a lychee cake. Can you believe it? Not that it was shaped like a lychee but it tastes like friggin lychee. It was also a piñata cake and there was chocolate eggs and m&ms pouring out as we sliced it. It. Was. Magical. And can we just take a moment to appreciate at those floral details? I'm awed, truly. 


3. @farah.affandi




Farah Affandi makes the world's best cupcakes! I was intrigued by her cake decorating skills at first and then when I finally got the chance to try some of her cupcakes, I fell in love with them instantly. Hands down, they were the best cupcakes I've had. They were extremely light and fluffy and every bite feels like a party was going on in my mouth! It was that delicious and I couldn't get enough of it. Farah, if you're reading this, gurllll you need to have more bake sales! 


4. @sherramelts 


I love Sherramelts. I can't even comprehend. Like.... it's just everything. I remembered that one of the first things I tried on her list was her homemade marshmallows and from then on, I refused to eat the ones they sell in stores. I literally couldn't get enough of them. During her next few bake sales, that was the only thing I would ever buy from her - mind you, this was in 2015 and I'm still waiting for it's comeback! I love how she puts her own whimsical twist in her creations. It's definitely unique and I don't think anyone else could replicate them! I definitely see myself purchasing more from her this year.


5. @prettyawkwardpastry



Also another baker who's bakes I can never get enough of. I bought an ondeh ondeh cake from them once and it was heavenly. Ondeh ondeh is pretty much the new king of cake flavours (don't argue with me) and they pretty much nailed it! Their bake sales always clash with my events and thankfully, I always manage to squeeze in some time to pay them a visit. Their desserts are truly delicious. decorating skills are top notch - seriously, there's nothing more you can ask for. They're definitely one of my favourites.


And that concludes my list of favourite bakers. I hope this eases your dilemma in deciding where you should get your next birthday cake from. Let me know if you have any favourite insta-bakeries of your own because I would love to try them!

Goodnight lovelies Xx 

Post a Comment